Please get in touch with HACRO:
Job Opportunity: Dedicated Dads/Caring Dads Facilitator
Job Description for Caring Dads/Dedicated Dads Facilitator
- Carry out assessments as required.
- Work with the Dad in order to identify key issues and develop an individual plan to help address them
- Develop a constructive engagement with the Dad to ensure that work on the plan continues throughout the intervention.
- Able to keep the Dad on track in both individual and group work. Where necessary to recommend removal from the course.
- Feedback to referrers on progress as required.
- Identify, explore and feed-back information on risk to the professional lead as required to ensure the safety of children and partners/former partners.
- To deliver the Caring Dads course in accordance with the manual.
- Good standard of basic education in order to understand the material, carry out assessments and do reports.
- Commitment to respect the diversity of the attendee and ensure that respect for difference is demonstrated in all actions groupwork and one to one.
- An understanding of the dynamics of abusive relationships and able to demonstrate acceptance of the person without condoning the behaviour.
- Knowledge and preferably experience of motivational interviewing and cognitive behavioural approaches to changing behaviour.
- Willing to keep skills and knowledge up to date through training and reading.
- Able to demonstrate good team working skills through respect for the co-worker.