Please get in touch with HACRO:
Location: St Albans, Hertfordshire
Salary £230 per week (20 hours)
Posted: 06 Jan 2020 Closes 20 Jan 2020
Ref: HACRO 6 Dec 20
Sector: Charity & Non-profit
Contract Type: Contract/Interim
You are organised, confident dealing with emails and phone calls and routine administration. Are you the person we need to handle the back office support for HACRO’s finance and administration?
We are: HACRO – a St Albans Hertfordshire based registered charity, working since 1974 for the care and resettlement of offenders. We believe in second chances and help people who’ve been on the wrong side of the law to get their lives back on track. We run a Visitors Centre at HMP the Mount, mentoring programmes to help ex-offenders back into employment and a Caring Dads parenting programme.
We need: Someone to be in the office a few hours every weekday, to handle calls and correspondence, deal with administration, and to help to run:
- Our “Small Grants” programme, which provides funding for basic essentials for exoffenders with no other source of finance, who are referred to HACRO by Probation or the Police
- Events such as the Achievement Awards and the annual AGM and Conference
- Data collection and analysis to demonstrate effectiveness of our programmes.
- Handling inbound and outbound phone calls, emails and correspondence and office filing – all the time maintaining confidentiality of confidential information.
- Responding to enquiries from volunteers and members and managing the volunteer and members’ databases to keep them up to date and accurate.
- Manage meeting dates and venues avoiding schedule clashes, arranging agendas with the Chair and Trustees, circulating papers and taking minutes.
- Providing administrative support for the Trustees .
- Managing the “Small Grants” programme dealing with referral agencies and Trustees.
- Manage administration related to HACRO events; maintaining databases of invitees; booking venues; liaising with caterers; managing exhibitors contact including invoicing; organising the day of the events; working with the Trustees responsible to plan and implement events.
- Basic book keeping, raising invoices, banking cheques, managing, recording and monitoring payment of expenses, liaising with payroll provider in support of the Treasurer.
- Collating and analysing data from HACRO programmes and presenting them in an accessible format for use by managers and trustees for funding and commissioning purposes.
- Being flexible enough to accept any reasonable alterations in the workload as necessary from time to time.
- Confident, able to take initiative, self-motivated and a team player
- Cheerful, friendly personality, with good inter-personal skills including over the phone
- Numerate, with good keyboard skills and experience of using Microsoft Office
- Organised and clear thinking
- Able to maintain confidentiality about those we deal with
Equality, Diversity, Health & Safety – This post complies with HACRO’s policies on Equal Opportunities; Safeguarding; Health and Safety
DBS Check – The post holder will be handling information concerning vulnerable adults and will require a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
Hours Worked – This is a part time post : 10 am – 2 pm, Monday – Friday with some flexibility about times.
Length of contract – initially the contract will be for one year, but provided our plans for expansion become reality, we expect this will become a permanent post